What is Attend Anywhere?
• Attend Anywhere is a web-based communication platform that allows video appointments to take place between patients, families and optometrists/opticians.
• These appointments can take place anywhere convenient to the patient, such as at work, school or home.
• Attend Anywhere is accessible via any type of device that has Internet access e.g., smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer with a webcam running Chrome or Safari browsers.
What are the Key Features of Using Attend Anywhere in Optometry?
• No installation or downloads needed – the service is web-based, so easy to use.
• It is free for patients to use (except if using mobile data).
• No recording of the video appointment is possible.
• Safe and secure virtual ‘Waiting Rooms’ and ‘Meeting Rooms’.
• Confidential and anonymised.
• Automatically tests the call for video and audio, to check the device is suitable.
• Automatically asks the patient to accept the camera and microphone for easy access.
• Ability to send the patient appointment directly from the waiting area
• Comparable treatment, care and support as an in-person appointment in many ways.